Here are my fourteen favorite books that I read in 2014. Some of these books were actually published several years ago, but I didn't read them until this year. If you also read any of these, please leave comments about what you thought of the book (positive or negative). Also, if you have any favorite books from 2014, please leave a comment telling me what they are.
1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness [This might be one of the most beautiful, heartbreaking things I've ever read. Even though the illustrations are in black and white, they have so much detail and depth. The overall message of the story had a big impact on me.]
2. Lily Blue, Blue Lily (The Raven Boys #3) by Maggie Stiefvater [I LOOOOVE this series! I'm so sad that the next book will be the last.]
3. Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms #2) by Morgan Rhodes [Such a great high fantasy. I'm working on the third book now.]
4. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
5. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
6. The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas
7. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
8. Between the Spark and the Burn (Between #2) by April Tucholke
9. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
10. World After (Penryn and the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee
11. Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3) by Laini Taylor
12. Sabriel by Garth Nix
13. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
14. The Jewel by Amy Ewing
EDIT: Bonus Book: Undivided by Neil Shusterman was also great!